So delicious, so light and so low in fat: Frozen yogurt is a popular alternative to ice cream for the figure-conscious. We reveal how to make the delicious snack yourself!
Frozen yogurt is more refreshing, healthier and more figure-friendly than normal ice cream. Compared to regular ice cream, it contains less fat and sugar, and it is also full of probiotic bacterial cultures from natural yogurt. Healthy fruits are best served as a garnish or pureed in the yoghurt mixture.
Ingredients for 4 persons: 200 ml cream, 6 tbsp icing sugar, 400 g natural yogurt, 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Beat the cream with 2 tablespoons of icing sugar until stiff.
- Mix the yogurt with the lemon juice and the remaining sugar, gradually fold in the cream.
- Put the yoghurt cream mass in a pre-chilled bowl and place in the freezer for three hours.
- Stir it with a fork occasionally for the first hour so that ice crystals do not form too large.
- Take out of the freezer, allow to thaw slightly, place in a piping bag with a large star nozzle and arrange on four dessert plates.
If you want to save calories, it is best to combine frozen yogurt with fresh fruit. And instead of the usual chocolate sauce, rub good dark chocolate over the ice cream. For the fruit variant of the trend ice cream, puree fresh fruits of your choice and mix with the yoghurt mixture.