Constant consumption of pasta is not healthy for the body. This often reacts with gluten intolerance or weight gain to the carbohydrate excess. In addition, a large part of the population suffers from lactose intolerance. But you don't have to do without bread entirely. There is a healthy and tasty alternative!
WOMAN reader Sabrina Kradischnig sent us a recipe for a chickpea bread including a taste test. The bread is a great alternative to conventional wheat bread and is also free from gluten and lactose! It has only a small amount of carbohydrates and is therefore a good alternative to bread, especially when dieting.
- Chickpea flour (belongs to the protein)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 sack of baking powder
- Spices: everything you want;) e.g. caraway seeds, pepper, salt, fresh herbs
To refine, you can add finely chopped nuts, carrots, olives or zucchini.
1. Mix all ingredients together until a slightly liquid consistency is obtained (not too liquid) e.g. like pancake batter.
2. Empty the dough into a cake tin lined with baking paper.
3. Bake in the oven at 180 ° C for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
4. Make a random test (e.g. pierce it with a knitting needle), if no more dough sticks: done;)
The bread tastes very tasty simply with butter or as a soup!