2023 Author: Gabrielle Mercer | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 12:25
It is not enough if you don't add sugar to your coffee or eat pastries. Because sugar is hidden in many foods. How does a sugar-free diet really work? So!
It's no secret that sweets, pastries, ice cream and the like scream for sugar. But the white gold is not only hidden in them. The most diverse terms are hidden behind sugar: glucose, fructose, maltose, maltodextrin, syrup, maltoextract. Sugar is not only a great flavor carrier, it can also be added as a preservative or thickener.
And if you can't do without sugar at all, you should forego sweeteners and rather use normal sugar (in small amounts) or honey, agave syrup & Co.
Tips for a sugar-free diet
1. Do not buy finished products. Cooking fresh with selected foods is not only healthier, it also tastes better.
2. Fructose is okay. However, you can make one or two mistakes with types of fruit. So it's better to grab an apple than a banana, or a pear instead of grapes.
3. Ready-made coffee blends are practical, but also contain a lot of sugar. Therefore, it is better to mix an espresso with milk yourself. Here you really have an overview of what's inside.
5. Food should be eaten unprocessed as much as possible. So grab fruit, vegetables, eggs, meat, cheese, yogurt and milk. These are healthy products that really taste great when prepared well.
6. Such a sugar-free diet also has its pitfalls. Cravings Alert! So there is a great tip: Smell the vanilla sugar intensely when you get hungry. So the chocolate packs stay closed.